Terms of Service
- Privacy and Personal Information
- Restricted Content & Registration
- Limits of Liability
- Changes & Revisions
These terms and conditions apply to the entire contents of this website under the domain name www.maac-studio.com (the "website") and to any correspondence by e-mail or webmail between us and you.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Using the website indicates that you accept these terms and conditions regardless of whether or not you are registered with us.
- Special words and phrases
- “Registered User” means any person that has registered their name and contact details through an online form on the web-site for the purposes of gaining access to offers, services or restricted content.
- "Website" means the website published by MAAC Studio and located on the world wide web via the uniform resource locator http://www.maac-studio.com and http://www.maac-studio.co.uk.
- "Website information" means any data, images, text or other material displayed on the website; and
- "you" means any person who has viewed, downloaded, used or otherwise accessed the website and/or website Information and includes (but is not limited to) any person who has been granted access to a restricted page, and "your" shall refer to you.
- The website is operated and maintained by
MAAC Studio Ltd
43 Henrietta Street
Ross-shire, IV9 8QT
Privacy and Personal Information
- By registering with this website, you permit MAAC Studio Ltd to retain and use your personal information for the purposes of contacting you and providing information about the services and offers provided by MAAC Studio Ltd.
- We will not disclose your personal information to any other business or external organisation without your consent or unless there is a legal requirement to do so.
- Your personal data will be stored securely until such time as we receive your instructions withdrawing consent. Access to your data shall be restricted to employees of MAAC Studio Ltd.
- You may choose to withdraw you consent for us to use your data at any time by
- Writing to us at the address above, or by
- Using the contact form on this our website.
Should you withdraw consent, your contact details will be deleted, you will no longer be a registered subscriber to this website, you will no longer be able to access restricted pages on this website or benefit from offers, events or services that are restricted to registered subscribers of this website.
- Should you wish to make a complaint about our handling of your private information you can contact;
Information Commissioner's Office
45 Melville Street
Tel: 0303 123 1115
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- You may view, print and download our website Information in a web browser for your own personal use only. Copying website information into a computer cache or storage device for private on or off-line browsing purposes is also permitted, as is caching of the website by an information service provider in the normal course of its business to the extent permitted by the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002. You may not distribute, publish, make a copy of, incorporate into any other website, or electronic information storage or retrieval system or reproduce the website information or any part of it for any purpose other than your own personal use without prior written consent, which may be granted at our discretion. Where we do not own the copyright or other intellectual property rights in the website Information, you must approach the owner(s) for such consent. Nothing in these terms and conditions or on the website constitutes a licence to use or copy the website Information except as expressly provided for in these terms and conditions.
- You may not attempt to unlock, reverse engineer or otherwise crack any security features of a web page, website content or any files made available for download that have been applied to limit or restrict the software functions available to users of that web page, content or file.
- You warrant to us that when using the website or otherwise you will not:-
- copy, alter or delete any of its content except to the extent permitted by these terms and conditions
- introduce any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, logic bombs, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or to surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information; or
- attack the website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack; or
- attempt to copy, modify, download or access any restricted page (or website information held on restricted page) unless you are properly authorised by us to do so; or
- disclose to any other person any confidential or proprietary information obtained from the website unless required to do so by law or with our prior consent; or
- cause the website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the website is in any way impaired.
Restricted Content and Registration
- You agree that we shall at all times have the discretion to decide whether or not to grant you access to the website or any restricted pages. We reserve the right from time to time to alter or limit the categories of website information which you may access and view using the website or any restricted pages. You agree that we may in our discretion alter, modify, add to or delete any website Information from time to time, without having to give you prior notice.
- You agree that we shall be entitled to make all reasonable enquiries to verify your identity prior to accepting your application to access any restricted pages. If we are not happy with the information you provide, or if you do not provide all the information we ask for, we reserve the right not to grant you access to that restricted page.
- If we accept your application to access a restricted page, we shall send you log-in details for use to access that restricted page. You agree to keep your log-in details secret and not to disclose or give it to any other person unless with our express prior consent. You agree to indemnify us for any loss, injury, damage costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from any disclosure by you or unauthorised use of your log-in details.
- If we accept your application to access a restricted page, you agree that we shall be entitled to send you information, news, updates and details relevant to the contents of the site from time to time. In the event that you no longer wish to receive this information, you must request to be removed from our registered user list in writing, by email. Once removed from the list of registered users you agree that we will be entitled deny you any further access to restricted web-content.
Limits of Liaibility
- You accept that nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute specific professional advice on which reliance should be placed. The website and special areas are for general guidance only, and we shall not be held liable for any action taken (or any failure to act) in reliance upon the contents of the website. You should always seek specific advice on any individual matter, from a suitably qualified architect.
- You accept that advice and guidance contained or referred to in the website (including but not limited to the answers in the frequently asked questions area) is of a generic nature, and may not applicable in every situation. The precise circumstances of a particular matter may differ, as may the correct course of action to take in such circumstances. Accordingly, if you intend in any way to act upon that advice or guidance, we strongly recommend that you write to the MAAC Studio, setting out those circumstances in full and seeking specific advice applicable to those specific circumstances.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved to MAAC Studio.
- These terms and conditions and the documents referred to in it are between and for the benefit of you and us (and our successors and assignees) and are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by anyone else.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of a paragraph or provision) is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force.
- If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provisions would be valid, enforceable or legal if some part of them or it were deleted, the provision shall apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the original intention of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
Changes and Revisions
- We reserve the discretion to amend these terms and conditions from time to time, in each case with effect from the date on which the amendment is posted on the website. You should check the website from time to time to review the then-current terms and conditions. If you continue to use the website, you will be deemed to have accepted the changes to the terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may be augmented by expressly designated legal notices or terms posted by us on the website.