The Schoolhouse was designed by Alexander Ross and dates from the late 1863 and is of traditional stone construction with steeply pitched roofs.
Originally the building was designed as a school comprising classrooms and an attached schoolhouse. It has now been converted into two semidetached dwellings.
MAAC Studio were appointed to assist with improvements to the property including replacement windows and the installation of a new low carbon heating system.
MAAC studio are accredited conservation architects and principal designers working with traditional buildings throughout Scotland.